Travel

Travel
Travel

San Francisco

San Francisco
San Francisco

Laugh With Me

Laugh With Me
Laugh With Me

A Vacation From My Vacation

Well, well, well.

Look who decided to show up round these parts again?

As you might already know (because I yapped about it endlessly), I was off in Europe for the first two weeks of September. Three words: it was epic. So epic that I needed a vacation when I returned from my vacation. You know the kind: the catch-upcation. Tackling the inbox, unpacking, facing the laundry pile, daydreaming about being back in Europe, making peace with the fact that my flight back might as well have been a strange time warp. You see, I left the US in a summer state of mind, and came back to the height of football season, the end of a financial quarter at work, fall TV shows premiering (which, to be fair, shouldn’t have taken me by surprise because I've had my favorite shows' return dates penciled into my calendar since like December), and Instagrams of pumpkins and sweaters galore. 

What even?! I’m not ready for this! I was in a freaking bathing suit last week!

What’s making my mind even more loopy is that we’re starting San Francisco’s Indian Summer - so while the calendar and Instagram is screaming FALL at me, SF is all like, lol here are some sweltering 90 degree days and no air-conditioning for you, my friend.

AND. Lastly. I’ve also been tres nostalgic lately. Last week marked 5 years since I was a college freshman. This month marks a year since I moved into my big girl apartment in San Francisco, and in a couple of weeks, it’ll be my work anniversary. 

This is all to say… vacations. They throw you for a spin, don’t they? And September, too. September throws you on quite the loop-de-loop, as well.

I’ll elaborate on this nostalgia and, of course, the trip in the weeks to come. But for now...

Tell me. What have you been up to, friends?!

4 comments

  1. I bet you had an absolutely amazing time in Europe! I just got back from vacation in Kauai on Sunday and definitely was not ready to return back to real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see all your fabulous photos and next time you're in Europe, we're meeting up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay - you're back!!!! Glad you had an epic vacation and can't wait hear all about it!!!

    ReplyDelete

your comments truly make my day! :)
thank you!

xx Caroline