Travel

Travel
Travel

San Francisco

San Francisco
San Francisco

Laugh With Me

Laugh With Me
Laugh With Me

An Anti-Brag List

I walked into a chair on my way out of work the other day.

It was standing there oh-so-innocently, and I almost fell flat on my face trying to avoid it. Not to brag or anything.

The first search term in my Google history is, "is Pyrex ceramics stove-safe." The answer's no, in case you were wondering. Apparently doing such a thing can end in disastrous results such as a "violent explosion." Sor-ry.

I did a 10-minute bikini arms workout video but replaced actual weights with a jar of peanut butter and a bottle of shampoo, and decided that this was reason enough I was allowed to have more than my fair share of blueberry muffins for breakfast.

Our cleaning lady kindly threw out the recycling that's been piling up behind my closet door for months now. And she made my bed, washed my coffee mugs, and generally took pity on me.

I grabbed my keys to let myself and some coworkers into the office a couple of days ago only to realize 5 minutes later that a stubborn tampon was casually hangin' out with all my keys. NICE, CAROLINE. REAL NICE.

So that's how this week is going. 
Not to rub it in your face, but my friend complimented my pool-playing skills.

"You're not awful," she said.

I gave up on my ambitious plans of writing up a post on my winter trip to China as a nod to Chinese New Years and a round-up of my favorite apps and websites, in favor of tuning into Pretty Little Liars and heating up a microwave meal (my Tuesday nights are sacred) and calling it a day. I apologize for being an overachiever, amigos.

Anything you wanna anti-brag about?

9 comments

  1. I'm still unpacking from a move that took place almost two months agooooo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a pile next to my side of the bed that is a combo of dirty dry-clean only clothes, phone chargers, and general crap that I have apparently deemed important enough to sleep next to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, girl! Except mine's at the foot of my bed hahaha, what a sight to wake up to!

      Delete
  3. We just had a house cleaner come yesterday and I literally couldn't be there because I knew I would be WAY too embarrassed by all the recycling piled up in our kitchen. I have so much to antibrag about right now! I'm a klutzy mess all the way! I can't wait for you to be in Seattle this weekend! Saturday night woot!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha I love this! I'm so coordinated that I fell twice in 12 hours. First slipped on ice then slipped down a flight of stairs. And now I am the lucky owner of a massive purple bruised butt. It ain't pretty or comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason, every time I try to workout at home, I always use something random as weights and ALWAYS crave something sweet afterwards. Twins on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is honestly one of my favorite posts I've ever read! I especially love that you replaced weights with a jar of peanut butter and a bottle of shampoo! I once walked away in the middle of a workout to go get chocolate. Good enough, right?

    xx, Caitlin
    www.wandererandwolf.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe oh Caitlin, what a sweet comment! Want to be my workout buddy? We can modify exercises as we see fit... and reward ourselves accordingly afterwards!

      Delete

your comments truly make my day! :)
thank you!

xx Caroline