Travel

Travel
Travel

San Francisco

San Francisco
San Francisco

Laugh With Me

Laugh With Me
Laugh With Me

Paris Is Always A Good Idea || Part III

A few nights ago, I watched the Kirsten Dunst/Sofia Coppola version of Marie Antoinette, and it brought me right back to the day we spent in Versailles. Really though, show me a better example of opulence or extravagance elsewhere, and I'll say "okay, but North West's nursery doesn't count. Show me another one."  
After a mellow morning spent meandering around Marie Antoinette's backyard, we headed back into the city. With time to spare before dinner and most of our "Must-See" list checked off, we (my sister, the leader of the pack) ultimately decided on Pompideu, the contemporary arts museum in Paris. Firstly, we checked out the most beautiful piece of art of all: a gorgeous nighttime panoramic starring the Eiffel Tower. Then, we roamed the halls and found lovely, interesting, inspired pieces of artwork and exhibitions by artists new and historical.

Finding our stomachs rumbling, we made our way over to Ar Poul Gwen, a creperie with a Brazilian vibe. AMAZING, folks. Amazing. We ordered six huge crepes for the four of us (four savoury and two sweet - the sweet ones were gone in a millisecond), and were all stuffed by the time we demolished all six. They were paper-thin, extremely flavorful, but incredibly filling at the same time. It was a crepe experience well worth the wait and the miles on miles of walking.

To help us digest all that scrumptiousness, we walked all the way back to the hotel - we passed by all the major attractions - the Louvre, Jardin du Tuileries, that random ferris wheel, along all the charming Christmas markets on Champs-Elysees (obviously, I snagged myself a beignet), and then past Arc du Triomphe. The stroll was the most perfect way to bid adieu to the most enchanting of cities.
Paris, je'taime, mon amour.

--

One big Paris tip: my sister was the smartest cookie in the cookie jar and bought us Paris Museum 2-day passes. I think they were something like 60 euros per person, but they have a list of 50+ museums and attractions that you have access to for two whole days, including the Louvre and Versailles. So worth it, and you'll feel like a BAMF when you get to skip all the lines. It's like Disney, FastPass style. 

This weekend passed by in a fancy outfits, slow roasted pork belly and caramelized apples, philharmonic orchestra at the Sheldonian theater with Oxford's entire above-70 population, and roadtrip to Bath blur. More on that in the near future, but as of right now - I'm all cultured out, dude.

19 comments

  1. Hi dear!! Thank you for your amazing coment :)
    Your look is absolutly perfect and so trendy!!
    Come to see mine, and my new post "Truth teller"
    http://peaceinmyshoes.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This all looks soooooooo pretty. I love all the photos you've taken and now I'm all nostalgic for my time in Paris. Can't believe you did it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these pictures are absolutely gorgeous caroline! great minds must think alike because i'm posting about paris all week. such a magical city, looks like it was a fantastic experience :)

    Molly {Dreams in HD}
    http://www.dreamsinhd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- those photos are absolutely gorgeous. I can't imagine being able to roam around for the day-- a truly incredible experience, I'm sure! By the way, if you haven't seen Vanity Fair (the movie) yet, I highly recommend it-- deals with this era as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. such great photos...i never did see versailles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm drooling over your pictures. Paris looks so amazinggggg. I had a friend who visited last month, and didn't like it. I was like "How did you not like Paris!?" The richness of your pictures is absolutely beautiful, and the last one is the cherry on top!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful.. your pictures are bringing back so many memories.. seems like a lifetime ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so awesome that you were able to do this with your family. Those crepes sound so delicious (extra delicious since I'm typing this before breakfast.) Really great shot of the Eiffel Tower from a distance...incredible. And ps....are there pics of North West's nursery online? I need to check that out.

    So kinda like a fast pass (at Disney) for the museums?! Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't get over how lovely your pictures are. The last picture in particular is phenomenal ! I can't wait for my trip to Paris in 2 weeks !!
    http://myfroley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. stop seeing the most romantic places in the world without me by your side.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Paris is my all-time favorite place in the whole entire world. I hope to live there someday (or have an apartment there, ha!). So magical! I'm completely jealous of you right now!

    xxx
    Lady à la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahhh paris again! i love it! the gold detailing in the building is unreal. im SO so envious of your trip! keep em comin ;) unless you have another amazing trip in mind!
    xxCarrie
    www.alittledose.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always dreamed of going to Versailles. I think the sheer opulence would blow my mind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. welp, your pictures are WAY better than mine. jealous.
    and that tip is awesome. seriously would save so much time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love paris. I need to get back asap. Hopefully after I graduate med school! *crosses fingers

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the zara blanket scarf + very, very pretty photo diary!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These pictures are beautiful
    Makes me feel like i'm in Midnight in Paris

    Gorgeous blog http://www.adayinmywheels.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your pictures are great! I never had a desire to see France until all these bloggers posted pictures of Versailles. So cool. Now it's a "must see" on my list.

    ReplyDelete

your comments truly make my day! :)
thank you!

xx Caroline