Travel

Travel
Travel

San Francisco

San Francisco
San Francisco

Laugh With Me

Laugh With Me
Laugh With Me

LonDONE.

Okay, not really. Like, I'm actually still here within two hours of London for the next two months and in fact, am heading into the city tomorrow for the weekend. But this post marks the end of the week I spent with my family traipsing through three beautiful, wonderful European cities. Words can't describe how much fun I had with them, and how much I miss them already!

The morning after Versailles, we hopped on a Eurostar train that took us from Paris, through the French countryside, the Chunnel, and then dropped us off at St. Pancras. Nothing can beat watching the sun rise from somewhere in between England and France, nothing at all, except maybe ice cream in bed because that's the ultimate.
After checking into our hotel which was very conveniently located smack-dab in the middle of Piccadilly Circus, we procured day passes for the Tube and quite literally rode as many trains as we could to see as much of London as we could.

First, we went to Covent Garden.
Then, we went over to the British Museum and admired all of the ancient artifacts, including the Rosetta Stone. Fun fact about me: I'm a Chinese history nerd. So of course, I scoped out the rooms with all of the Chinese relics and ooh'ed and ahh'ed over all the vibrant colors:
At this point, I asked my sister - "do you think one day my toothbrush will be put on display at a museum of the future?" I'll let you guess what she said, but the answer wasn't yes.

We made our way over to Harrod's because you can't really say you've been to London without saying hi to the big H. It was right in the middle of sales season though, and I felt like I was in The Hunger Games, right when they enter the arena. I'm not cut out for this, man.
Finally, we found a little ramen shop by our hotel and slurped up the noodles happily. Nothing's better than a big bowl of steaming soup when it's downpouring outside, nothing at all except watching the sun rise somewhere in between England and France and also eating ice cream in bed because yes, that's still the ultimate.
The next morning, my sister went on her merry way to Heathrow to head back home, and the parental units dropped me off at Oxford before leaving as well. And so, one adventure ends as another begins.

Thank you so much, family, for making this the most memorable and amazing vacation of all time.
Since then, I've been back to London twice. I've explored Westminster Abbey, the National Gallery, and then Kensington Gardens, as well as Borough Market, the Tate Modern, the Globe Theater, Millennium Bridge, other famous bridges, and St. Paul's. This weekend, I'm checking out West End, the Victoria & Albert Museum, and Portobello Road Market. I find myself falling in love with this city more and more every visit, and am excited to show you all of the fun things I've been up to in the past three weeks!

Have the happiest of weekends, lovedoves! 

8 comments

  1. Ugh what an amazing trip, and what a beautiful family!

    xo

    Michaela

    http://michaelajeanblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaah you had japanese food - thats from my homeland hehe. hope the ramen and karaage was delish! What a great way to end your trip!
    xxCarrie
    www.alittledose.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, can you go to king's cross and take a picture at platform 9 3/4? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa!!! Those bowls of soup--pho, maybe??--are HUGE!! I love your photos of the museum artifacts. So cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agh, you make me so nostalgic! Of all the cities I went to, I have to say I loved London best. I'm insanely jealous you get to be parked there for a whole semester! :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an amazingggggggggggggg trip! You lucky duck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to go to London! Your post inspired me to work hard so I can go there!

    http://palamutishop.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited for you!! I hope you're having an amazing time in Oxford, and exploring England. Can't wait to see what new adventures await you. You'll remember this time for the rest of your life so don't let it pass you by, and never forget to snap a couple pictures!

    ReplyDelete

your comments truly make my day! :)
thank you!

xx Caroline