Travel

Travel
Travel

San Francisco

San Francisco
San Francisco

Laugh With Me

Laugh With Me
Laugh With Me

Easy Treats: Coffee Ice Cubes

Houston's been having better weather than California.
Yes, my dear parents, you can stop bragging.
It's been brutally hot here for the past couple of days, although I think the heat wave has left us, thank goodness. 

I found it the perfect opportunity to try out something I saw on Pinterest.
Coffee ice cubes + soy milk!


Step 1: Obtain coffee. And an ice cube tray.
Thank you, open kitchen!
[ We have 24 hr access to our kitchen/dining hall, which is fully stocked with everything you can imagine... It's a gift from Heaven. ]
I put way too much vanilla and hazelnut creamer in mine, but I think black coffee would definitely work!


Step 2: Fill the little cubes with coffee!
(Duh.)
It's really easy and mess-free if you pop one of those takeaway tops on your cup!

Step 3: Put it in the freezer until the ice cubes are frozen.


Step 4: Grab a few ( after being a complete struggle mess and begging my roommates to show me how to take ice out of an ice cube tray... I have problems ) and add soy milk! 
Or almond milk. Or chocolate milk. Or regular, plain milk.
Or whatever you want really.


Step 5: Enjoy!
Excuse my messy hair.
And my messy common room.
(Do you like our CampusStorage self-made recycling box?)

Try it out! It's a fun treat!

26 comments

  1. Im definitely going to try it out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! xoxo
    http://www.hellohellofriday.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there! newest follower to your blog! you are just too dang cute :) this post is awesome... i have never thought of trying this but i think i just might have to now! so excited to have stumbled on your blog and would love if you followed back!
    xox
    ellen
    thishive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas ^^ by the way, we have the same name LOL

    http://missoline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic idea but I prefer a easy espresso! :)

    Do u wanna follow each other???
    Kiss kiss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yummy! Really a great idea.

    http://www.tributetothetribe.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh I might try this out, but with almond milk instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woah. This is an extremely good idea to freeze a drink and use it as ice cubes. I'm going to have to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I probably told you this before, but if you look under my back to school tag on my blog, you'll find lots of ways to cook in the dorm and stuff... lots of useful things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, I don't drink coffee...so I'm probably not going to try this...BUT I am loving that recycling bin! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like this post my dear, it is very interesting.
    Happy Friday,
    Nicole
    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your comment, always happy to return the favor!
    Coffee icecubes? Such a good idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a brilliant idea! I'm going to try this for sure!
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a phenomenal idea! My roommate will love this!
    -XOXO-
    Libby at http://libbysoutlook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a good idea. And I think you look cute despite your "messy" hair =))

    ReplyDelete
  16. great idea on the recycling box! and so lucky that the weather is still so nice in California! :)

    http://www.counttofour.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like that someone recycled a box to make a recycling box.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great Idea!! Love this :) Would love for you to checkout our latest posts when you have a minute.

    xo, April & Brittan

    http://www.evokela.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. u look so preettyy! lovely photography as well. im definitely going to try this
    check out my blog too if u like :D

    xoxo, Eliza
    Bread and Butter

    ReplyDelete

your comments truly make my day! :)
thank you!

xx Caroline